Futons or Sofa Beds?


I’m finally moving into a bigger place and am pretty excited to get some new furniture. Oh, and I should clarify. By bigger, I mean I’m moving from a studio into a one bedroom. But hey, that is a huge step forward in my book. Now I can sleep, cook, and watch TV in separate rooms. Oh, the luxury!

Well being that space is still limited, and so is my budget, I went online to my favorite mattress discounters New York, NYmattress.com and browsed their selection. The platform beds on sale were a great start for bedroom furniture. I loved the idea of being able to store stuff under the bed. But for the living room I was torn between futons and sofa beds. To me they were essentially the same thing, with futons being a little cheaper. I always have friends visiting the city, so it was essential that I had a fold-out bed.

I decided to go with a sofa bed. I couldn’t resist NY Mattress’ sleek, stylish designs and since I was moving up in the world to my 1 bedroom, I would splurge a little. I really made the right choice! No one can even tell that my sofa bed folds out, and when it’s in normal couch position it looks so neat and refined.