SOHO Bed - made in a NY mattress factory for 200 bucks! How can you beat that?


When my girlfriend and I moved in together, I knew it was time to ditch the old bachelor’s futon and get a new bed. You know, I wanted something more stable, a symbol of our relationship! Na… not really. She wanted a bed that she can actually sleep on… Anyway we searched and searched for a new platform bed and just couldn’t find anything suitable. I didn’t want anything tacky and she didn’t want a cheap build-it-yourself kinda a bed. Tell you the truth, I don’t like the beds that come in a box and you have to start figuring out how to get them together. Plus, the materials usually suck and the bed lasts for a year, maybe two. It was about time I got some real furniture!

So after a while we figured to try online. I mean, we know the measurements and everything and anyway I buy everything on the internet these days, so why not give it a try?

We logged on to www.NYMattress.com and found a wide selection of beds and were able to pin down the bed of our choice – the SOHO bed. I know it's kinda stupid but we live downtown so we liked the name as well...

It was a wonderful choice and checkout was a breeze. Not to mention the crazy price tag! 200 bucks for a full size bed? A real bed made in a NY mattress factory with eco-friendly hardwood! How can anyone beat that?